Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I hope 20 doesn't mean.....


Tests.  Assignments. Procrastination. Practicals. Procrastination. Missing Blog. Presentations. Finally Finished. Phew!
This feeling, of having done away with all the written works, nothing left to submit-TRANQUIL! ^_^
But yeah, I actually liked being busy. It kind of gives a worthy feeling, you know. No matter my assignments looked close to a doctor’s prescriptions (Docs, cool down, please! :P), I had a good time. Okay, before you start searching for a psychiatrist nearest to me, I’ll stop talking nerdy. I am still sane. :D

Now, *update**update*, a teenager ceased to exist on the 10th of the last month. I mean my teenage ended :(. And now I am supposed to be a grown up. Sheh! But hey, psychology says that the age to act all whiny and weird i.e., adolescence now stretches up to 21 years! And while this was a discovery for me, I’m over glad being still leased  to act stupid and kiddish.

I hope 20 in no way means:

§       Behaving, like a girl: Going for manicures-pedicures and god knows what other cures; keeping your nails long, and worse, coating them with colours you can’t even spell or pronounce (The only colours I remember well are the ones I used to have in my crayon-kit); tying your hair in the weirdest way possible; walking like the world’s a stage; wearing heels; and blushing.
§        Excelling in cooking delicacies from every state of India. Hell! Even the rice I cook, often turns out to be a spice-less Khichdi :/ Hey, but I CAN cook.
§        Learning to drape a Saree, and most importantly knowing how to walk with it. This is because some cousins of mine may be planning to hang themselves, I mean tie a knot, and they’d be expecting me to un-nerd myself for their big day. Decided, I just won’t go. Even if I love Sarees, I don’t want to trip and give people a reason to throw up their food, the sole thing some of them may care to attend the wedding for.
§       Wearing crisp and neat dresses, every single day to college.
§        Being no more eligible to cling to Mum/Dad/Bhaiya, while crossing the road. :-!
§        Containing myself from buying chocolates, every time I am sent to a provision store.
§        Giving away the chocolates I have stored with so much dedication, to some noisy little kid visiting us, just because he/she loves them. Hey, I love them too! And my love’s decades old.
§       Getting into serious career-focussed talks with friends. :O
§       Behaving like an etiquette-wrapped sis with brothers.
§       Serving guests some mouth-watering snacks. The most you should expect is a cup of tea, from me. And, I don’t guarantee it to be full till the top.
§       Faking maturity. Bro, are you listening? I still need you to guide me, for everything, from how to deposit money in bank to sending a courier. :/ (Fine, now I know how to do these.)
§       Differentiating  between cloth materials. For me, Viscose, Lycra...all are same :P
§       Not waiting for Mum to finish up her cone and give me the chocolate at the end. In public.
§       Not climbing up a swing meant for the 5 year olds.
§       Feeling ashamed of my nickname. I never felt that, will you believe? :D
§       Keeping quiet. That’s plain impossible.
§      Writing better posts.

And with this, the list ends, though there is a lot more to add, but I can’t recall them at the moment. And I am tired and I know this bored you to the core, and I am sorry.

By the way, the Birthday was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Some people just know the best of the best ways to make you smile. While I was all set to face the day with a gloomy look, with two class tests scheduled for the day, I think I forgot I have such splendid people around, and even away from me. I hope you get the gist. It was incredible, and it won’t be exaggerated if I call it the best in the last 2 decades. Thank you every single being, from those who tortured themselves for the 12 a.m. wish to those who remembered only once they read people leaving messages on my timeline :P

So, yeah, now you can proceed to type down some belated wishes. Some of you did wish me. In that case, let me know what more does 20 not mean.


Till next time

Deprived of the teenage feel

-Srishti

26 comments:

  1. As for me, I never thought about those things when I crossed the teenager mark.
    I am still like that teenager, a little different perhaps but when I look at my age, I feel like, "Oh boy, I need to act my age" . :/

    I don't know whether it is a good thing or not, but still.

    Yeah, the usual talks with friends change a bit or a lot but I think we will still be same. Well, I am though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is good as long as it doesn't harm the society :P
      Well, with the growing number of people like us, I think this 'acting age wise' concept needs to end. What do you think? :D

      And by the way, you must be knowing by now...I hardly have useful things going on in my mind..so these thoughts :P

      Delete
    2. Exactly. :)

      Absolutely, I totally agree it. :)

      Hardly? The things you mentioned are things that I haven't even thought of. And you say hardly, I mean how many will be there when you put your mind to it and start thinking about all the useful ones. :O
      And all those you mentioned are good pointers. And umm, I still don't do a few of them. :P

      Delete
    3. I meant I hardly think of useful things...and this is one of those not-useful things :D

      Delete
    4. Oh, My bad.

      Well, that's a good thing. Because when you try to act mature and follow the things that are to done by , you lose yourself in the process.
      Just like Red mentioned, "Live free" and create some new things of your own. :D

      Delete
  2. Ah actually passing 20 would include some of the things you mentioned. The good things out of all that..and honey, you would do all of it because you want to not because you are expected to. Hugs!! Live free !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Thanks for this, actually. And I know, you know :/ May be I needed to jot these down to confirm if I am going right.
      Will definitely sync with them, I believe :D

      Delete
  3. You're only 20. You have a long time to go before you touch 30 :)

    After that you'll have another 10 years to go to 40 ;)

    Cheers
    CRD

    Do drop by my blog. I blog at www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Right now, 20 is enough! :D

      Delete
  4. Super fun post! Congratulations on making it past teenage. I'm not being sarcastic, y'know? :P About adolescence reaching age 21? Really? That's something new for me. "Yay" stuff.!

    Although, I'd agree with you about how being a "grown up now" sucks. Faking maturity :/ Not being able to cling to mom/dad/bro while crossing the road! *tears up*

    But at the same time, it's quite cool if you just stay "you" and do as you wish. Apart from a few things related to mannerisms, it doesn't really matter. Never bother yourself about people ;) And as for nailpaints and all -_- You don't have to do it, really. I can promise you that :P

    I also feel that maturity and every thing else comes up automatically with time. No need to delay or rush up anything. Enjoy life bindaas :D

    Have fun!! Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And oh, I know you know :P It's fun to post about it anyway, right? ;)
      This just gave me an idea for a post too. How about I write about how I had expected the post teenage phase to be and how it's turned out? :D

      Delete
  5. Teenage was fun ... I miss them ... early 20s are still fine, but late 20s, and it starts feeling old :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Does it? Tell me all once you reach there :P

      Delete
  6. Hello. :-)

    Just hopped on to your blog through Red Handed's blog. And the very first post I see here is something I can relate to. In fact, I wrote about this 'growing up' thing sometime back on my blog. Do check out the points I mentioned there.

    http://mindzpeak.blogspot.com/2011/08/hazards-of-growing-up.html

    I'd surely like to read more from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read yours. It was amazing :D

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. Awww cute.... <3

    Would just say one line from my all time fav movie - Umar utni hi hoti hai jitni insaan mehsoos karta hai!
    Well for me I stopped counting longggg back so dont ask my age I dont even remember now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes, agree with the lines.
      Here's to never growing up ;)

      Delete
  8. Well according to me, age doesn't matter. What matters is your enthusiasm. I have seen old people behave like children, enjoying each and every second of life and their smile makes you happy too. And on the other side are small kids and young teenagers who love being confined to themselves and even behave anti-social (is that the word? I don't know). Anyways, my point is, its upto a person for how long he can stay 'young' and 'alive', age is hardly a factor. Loved your write up...you write points i can never think off. Love... <3
    Well according to me, age doesn't matter. What matters is your enthusiasm. I have seen old people behave like children, enjoying each and every second of life and their smile makes you happy too. And on the other side are small kids and young teenagers who love being confined to themselves and even behave anti-social (is that the word? I don't know). Anyways, my point is, its upto a person for how long he can stay 'young' and 'alive', age is hardly a factor. Loved your write up...you write points i can never think off. Love... <3
    http://ashishrathorescience.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That was so goood to know :D

      I appreciate these words. It's up to us, entirely. But then are things that come with age, and I wish they pass by soon.

      Well, thanks for the read :)

      Delete
  9. For me , a daughter turning 20...is getting her a second time :)..this time a friend...who understands! <3
    ...not that i didn't know what to say...bt did not have enough peace to do it... :)

    * I always buy chocolates in dozen...for my kids of course...n end up eating half of them myself :P
    * Never missed a chance for a 'swing ride' ...Are they really meant for the kids alone ? :O...I thought they were so scared ...going high !
    * Half of my family does never remember my official name only ! :)
    * And last but not the least... 'staying quiet'...Did God also expect one to keep quiet...after blessing with the gift of 'speech' ??? :O
    ..
    I'm also Confused !!!... N look... no asking my age please ! :P ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Ma'am, you are one grown up kid I'm glad to know.
      Thanks for reminding :P

      And husshh...m not telling anyone that you just got into your teenage :P

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Srishti,

    I have read your post out of curiosity and end up loving it. You have great thoughts about what should be done in life at a particular time. You can keep on writing on these subjects. I'll love to read more from you.

    Regards,
    Apoorva
    HCBL Bank - Yeh Bank Zara Kuchh Khaas Hai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, that's a great compliment to read!
    Thanks a lot, Apoorva!
    I am trying to write more :)

    ReplyDelete