Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sort of a Movie Review-'Highway'


There are very few movies that clutch my heart with such a might that I don’t want them to end. This was one such movie. I haven’t ever been too much of a big screen fan, but yes, cinema world has always intrigued me. I find it an artistically different field. But never going too deep into it, my acquaintance has usually been limited to most-watched movies, rather than must-watch ones.

Call it the growing-sane effect or whatever, the trailers of highway made me fall in love with it. What with those countryside scenes, the mountains, snow, nonchalantly cute-looking Veera(Alia Bhatt), the breeze, the truck, the Highway...and the SONGS! Just wow! ^_^. And as obvious as it sounds, I was determined to spend my savings on this one :P

Alia’s performance, as known to most of us, has been gathering a good number of praises. And why wouldn’t it! The girl outstandingly stands out in the movie. She’ll make you laugh and cry, both with the same intensity. True, I wasn’t even a bit fascinated by her in SOTY, but Surprise! Surprise! You get to watch a completely contrast character here. Precisely, adding her to the list of my favourites sounds like a good idea :D

(Pic source: bollywoodlife.com)
(Pic source: apnatimepass.com)
^This is what I mean 


Randeep Hooda, it was being said before the release , was totally unsuitable to be cast against Alia. But hey, are good stories only about a chocolate-faced guy pampering his candy-faced girl? Go apply for some sense, bashers! -_-. The guy fit amazingly in the role, and I loved the part where he smiles. That’s all about him. More will spoil the fun.
Among the supporting cast, the ally of Mahabir (Randeep) who stays with him till the end and whose name I can’t remember (Yes, I can be that bad with names :/), was quite good and his scenes quite fairly forced a chuckle out of me. He was good and cute to watch. :D
And now, the locations!  Can you hear me squeal with joy when I say I LOVED THEM? The roads (obviously), the fields, the hills, the mountains, the streams ^_^....and Veera’s dream house-replication of my idea of a cosy life! I have always loved snow and streams, and the movie made me love them more. How I wish I was Veera, spending days in a truck sleeping in that congested little space which ironically gives the best comfort (assumption), breathing in the view of a snow-clad mountain, and finally getting a key to your dream house :D. Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?

My weird wishes apart, the movie’s awesome. It has got an appreciable storyline, the pain hitting you hard while you just had a good laugh in the last scene. But just to remind, that's my personal view :). 
Why did it end soon? Why o why? :’(
I won’t dive into the cinematography and stuffs, as I am under-capable of doing that. But yes, the music is fabulous. And that I say, even when I am a dimwit in this art. None can doubt Rahman’s proficiency. Go, plug-in right away if you haven’t done it yet. You’ll come back to thank me, I bet :P (Oh wow! It rhymed!).


What? I am done. C’mon! Me writing a review, is in itself a mega event. It is the zeal that I am feeling after finally watching the film, that has made me script all the above lines, I guess. And I now realise, I am out of praises, and this may be the only review ever from my side :D. So yeah, that’s a stop now. If you haven’t yet watched it, go book your tickets now, will you?

Ta-da till the next randomly written post!


P.S.: Was that even an acceptable way to write a movie review? I mean, it talks more about how I wished to be there inside the screen, at all those locations, dancing with all those wacky clothes on. Okay, that’s it. I’ll leave.


-Srishti


22 comments:

  1. An otherwise movie-abstainer that I am...your review has, nonetheless,intrigued me to give my thought, a second thought !!! -:)
    Wonderfully written, as always...even I haven't bothered to read a 'formal review' very often...it is 'good enough' to stir anyone out of torpor !!! You cud have joined those 'promo teams' for the movie !!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wish they had at least asked me :P

      Thanks for the words, ma'am! :)

      Delete
  2. I am coming here back once I see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! Srishti di!! Seriously that movie WAS very good! I rarely find movies worth watching, I'm someone who yawns and stops watching after 15 minutes o.O This movie, and I hate to say this but, Alia Bhatt's acting was ..wow! I loved the dialogues, the scenes, the scores, the angles from which scenes were shot, the backdrops of the characters, everything was beautifully weaved into good Hindi cinema.

    Waah! First review! Taaliyaan!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi5 to that! Seems we had a similar experience. :D
      True, Alia was awesome!

      P.S.: Thank you! thank you! :P

      Delete
  4. waiting eagerly to watch this movie, a nice review though and ya i am your newest follower :),loving your wrtings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have watched it by now, and loved it? :D

      Thanks a lot for reading me. Keep doing that :)

      Delete
  5. I loved the music too! But I felt that the story could have been better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. I did come across your words for the movie :D

      It was a great refreshment for me, though.

      Delete
  6. I SAW IT TWICE. PERIOD.
    What I felt as the movie started was that "THIS CHICK CAN'T ACT" but by the end I was like "MOTHER OF GOD!! THIS CHICK ACTS AMAZINGLY!!!"

    Felt like the movie taught her how to act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. May be :D

      Right you are, she was amazing!

      Delete
  7. i have seen imtiaz movies and the emotions of characters are very superficial.after watching love aaj kal and rockstar,i have decided not to watch most of hindi movies.being south indian,i think the emotions we portray are different from north.but movies like lootera and hasee tho phasee really impressed me.you will get good hindi movies once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But this one's a must watch, at least for the acting!

      Delete
  8. Going to watch the movie now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do that, or have you already? :D

      Delete
  9. I am dying to watch this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are still alive, now that you have watched it? :P

      Delete
  10. This is on my "must watch" list. In fact yesterday we were tossing between Queen and Highway and opted for Queen as it was playing close to my place. Next we hit the Highway to see Highway :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you liked it? :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete