Sunday, September 22, 2013

Inborn Friendship


And before I knew it, I had hit 'Send'.
Seeing her alone in the cafeteria today, sent a painful shiver inside me, yet again. I pulled out a chair, and sat, not too far away and facing her. Her loneliness reminded me how I promised to be there with her ,always. Did one unintentional mistake hold so much power to break even a ‘inborn friendship’? Yes, that’s what we used to tell people about our togetherness since toddler days.
 “This has  to be done”, I thought to myself, after replaying what caused this crack in our life, and realizing that I was being too harsh on her.
Chucking my 3 months long ego, I finally typed “I miss you bestie, and I am sorry :(. You did a mistake, yes, but I did a bigger one by not even  giving you  a second chance”. And before I knew it, I had hit send. I shut my eyes, fearing her reaction. After all, how could I expect her to forgive me when I took so long to realize her stand. But I missed her, and I knew only this.


Next minute, as my phone beeped,  I opened my eyes just to read the text which  said, “Look up”. And there she sat, with a smile on her face, and her usual tear leakage. 
“Oh how much I missed that paani tanki of yours”, I laughed and made an enthusiastic run to hug her, knocking off all the chairs on my way. “And guess how much I longed to see this crazy stupid you!”, she shot back, pulling me into a bear hug. And I knew, we were meant to cherish our inborn friendship even till our death. :’)



8 comments:

  1. That was such an emotional and sweet writeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..such a cute friendship...lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though that was a fiction, I wish to maintain a friendship like that. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Naice!! This is cute! :D Who wouldn't want friends like that? ^_^

    ReplyDelete