Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Innocent self

He used to be my classmate. Just a classmate.
New to the school, it weren't exactly his looks, but the look of his academic records and not to forget, his laudable etiquette that drew me towards him. I, being the overly quiet kid, hardly spoke to any of the boys and he was no exception. No interaction, not even a hi or a hello, and we completed two years of being ‘classmates’….and I liked him still. No one had a hint, as I never dropped any. 
With another session, I opened up. No silly, not to him, but to my friends. And they knew, so they teased. And being a rarely emotional girl then, I would go red, not with the blush but with the flame of irritation.
He maintained scoring good, and I maintained admiring that, and him too. But not when it came to English. It itched when he scored better in the only subject that left a little space for me to be known as a ‘good’ student. And I used to taunt him before every exam, to leave this one in my court, and he just let out a laugh every time, causing me to smile. And yes, we started on with little talks. I learnt to speak by then :P.
Nonetheless, those were the days, when for the first time I adored the romantic elements of the Hindi songs. Even the old voices won my interest. Romantic serenity had it’s first session with me, and yes, it was Lovely! :).

We are good friends today, and I still like him, for the person he is.

He unknowingly carved out my innocent self. He was my first crush. :)



This post is inspired by the ‘first crush stories’ by Me and Aaekay.

21 comments:

  1. So sweet and so pure.
    P.S. I also find the academic and intellectual qualities more attractive than looks, even now. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dhara! :)

      Hi5!..for the P.S. :D
      We are awesome, no? ;)

      Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad to see you here. :)

      Delete
  2. Twas sweet.
    You are still in touch with the guy? #JustAsking

    Well, I had too many crushes that I forgot which one was my first. You see, I do multi-tasking. :P (Ok, I am Kidding now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaan! Too many? :P

      Thanks for the comment, and yes, am still in touch with him :). You see, the story is just a few years old :P.

      Delete
    2. Hey, You can't blame a guy for trying. :P
      Anyways, I was kidding. :D

      Ahaan, I see. So, anything new ? :P #JustAsking

      Delete
  3. Awww how cute was this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God. This post reminded me about MY first crust. It was my sister's friend. God was she cute or what. Only one problem, she was around 3 years older than me. :D
    Like u can imagine it didn't work out. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have been more careful while falling for a girl no..:P
      Koi nahi, you have ample years with you to find one! ;)

      Delete
  5. Awww this is damn cute! You're still in touch with your first crush? Wow, you suddenly make me feel so old :D don't ask me how.
    First crushes will forever have charm and so will the first relationship we ever have. They're special and will always be. :)

    Hugs Srish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment love! :)
      Ha ha. Yes, still in touch. :D

      True that! :)

      Delete
  6. cute one! ;)
    and first crush huh!! great!! Who's that fella? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think I am gonna tell you? :P

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. Yaar hadd hai! What's with the first crush thing? :P
    Yea, yea, I haven't had a crush on a guy (or a girl :P) ... wait, does a fictional character or an actor who plays a fictional count? Because then, I can tell you, I'm also in love :P :D
    BTW, very innocently cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Couldn't expect a better comment from you, ever! :P

      You and your fictional love! Go on, write but do you even remember the first one? :P

      Anyway, thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. Why, of course I remember each one of those immensely hot fictional guys :P
      Did you not read this one post of mine where I described this love of mine? :P
      FYI, the first one was Draco Malfoy a.k.a. Tom Felton :P

      Delete
    3. Ah! People with names I can't even pronounce. :P

      And sorry, I didn't read the post, but I will now...definitely! ;)

      Delete
  8. haha!irony here!
    duh... haha,I know your crush.
    the tragedy of life..the one u fella OOPS..fell for or feel for..is the one who questions you.."who is the one took your heart away?''

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up, will you? :D
      You are turning into a devil, I can see! :P

      Delete
  9. Awwww this one was soooooooo cute... I guess I need to be blamed for I started this spreading of love and look how beautiful the infection looks like in its full bloom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Me, more for spreading this scent.;)
      And please, you are to be thanked, not blamed. :D

      Delete