Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Reflection




Walking alone, down the shore
I try and inhale the beauty around.
It’s just then that I hear,
A broken but familiar sound.

I move my gaze to scan the place,
There is no one I can find.
Moving ahead, I hear it again,
Sending a threat to my mind.

Suddenly, I see a figure, not so clear,
A figure similar to mine.
She is my reflection in the sea,
Speaking of condition not so fine.

She accuses me for my ignorance,
For paying no heed to her.
She thinks I am the reason,
For all the deter.

I avoid and move on,
But she calls out again.
Her voice not so clear,
Carrying a tinge of pain.

“All I wish for is
Your life to be merry.
Just shed those fears,
Sail them away on a ferry.”

It strikes my heart
And I realize her condition.
Turning around I find her still there,
In hope and anticipation.


I curse myself
For the torture she has been bearing.
And with a promise I bend down
To touch her…with waves she was shimmering.

She responded silently
This time following my motions.
Assuring me of her presence,
In all up and down situations.

14 comments:

  1. Oh God, I just love this! :D It's so good! Simple, sweet and so picturesque. Do write more poems! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! :)
      I am really really glad that you found it that good. :)
      Will surely write more..khushi se! ;)

      Delete
  2. Simple, fluent and amazingly well written! Loved reading it Srishti! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Rachit! :)
      Glad u liked it!

      Delete
  3. Amazing poem Srishti! :)
    Totally loved reading it.
    I'm sorry for being missing on the blogosphere for so long. Had a lot to deal with, perfectly back to normal now! :)
    Will do a thank you post for the award you gave me super soon!

    Take care hun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!

      It's okay, you don't need to be sorry at all!
      Take care. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully written Srishti... deep yet simple, powerful yet mystical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thankyou so much! Happy that u liked it. :)

      Delete
  5. NICE CREATION. IT FORCES ME TO THINK THAT ONE SHOULD HAVE A DIALOGUE WITH ONESELF AND REALIZE WHAT OUR INNER SELF WANTS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou. :)
    Yes! I do that quite often.

    ReplyDelete