Friday, December 28, 2012

The Birds in the Cage


I watch them silently
they are silent too
What else they can do
 There's a hope in their eye
that they'll touch the sky
One day they'll fly high

We love them
when they tweet and chirp
But quell them with our usurp

We don't get this simple thing
that they are more gay when free
Let them dance and have a spree

You'll see it yourself
how genial the milieu gets
When each of their feather frets

But I know you'll stay stiff
they won't get to see all and sundry
And remain packed in that boundary

But there's a hope in their eye
that they'll touch the sky
One day they'll fly high


2 comments:

  1. Your poems are really something.. :)
    Hey what is usurp? I love the theme of your poem, unusual but wonderful nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou...yet again :-D

    usurp: trapping/seizing forcefully

    let me clarify..I can't do without thesaurus :-D

    ReplyDelete